참여광장

토론게시판

상세
I was a North Kor··· 2
Korea, Republic of 림일작가 0 1358 2015-04-06 08:58:14

In fact, $120 is quite huge amount of money in North Korea, because in North Korea, a worker’s monthly salary less than $2. So everyone was touched and decided to do as the authorities told us.

Around 12P.M. on November 6, 1996, I took an airplane in SunanInternational Airport, which departed from Pyongyang to Beijing. After an hour of flight, I arrived in Beijing Airport. There, I waited a staff from the North Korean Embassy for 5 hours, and around 6P.M. I went to the North Korean Embassy with a staff, slept in the Embassy, and took an airplane the next day to go to Kuwait.

I arrived in Kuwait Airport at night and went to the housing construction site in Umm al Hayman, which took an hour from the airport by bus. At the site, there was 2-meter-high wire fence which surrounds the work site. So I asked the interpreter about it, and he answered, "Based on the labor law of Kuwait, the wire fence should surround every work site."

Since that day, I worked hard to the end at the housing construction site but earned nothing. I worked like that for 5 months but the North Korean officials never paid me. At first, the North Korean officials said that the situation of the company in Kuwait is bad. Later, the officials said that the Workers’ Party of North Korea commanded them not to pay us.

So we could not raise any complaint. In North Korea, the command from the Workers’ Party is a command from the Supreme Leader Kim Jong Il. So no one can raise any complaint against the Supreme Leader. If one raises a complaint againstthe Supreme Leader, he or she vanishes without a trace. Then the North Korean authorities tell people, "He was a spy."

I realized that there would be no future in North Korea. How can there be a future in the country where the authorities do not pay me for what I worked? I was in despair. So, even though my family in North Korea would be punished, I defected to South Korea through the South Korean Embassy in Kuwait by getting help from UNHCR in March 1997 to live like a human being.

In 2002, I got married, and now I have two children and live a happy life with my family in South Korea. Now, my job is a writer not a North Korean overseas worker anymore.

- IL LIM

좋아하는 회원 : 0

좋아요
신고 0  게시물신고
  • 또루레기 ip1 2015-04-06 20:52:41
    소설가에다 이토록 외국어까지 능숙하게 구사하시니 정말 대단하십니다.
    진심으로 당신이 부럽습니다. 부러워 할만한 가치가 있는데 부러워 하지 않는것은 시기하는것이나 마찬가지겠지요
    그러나 당신은 무릇 재능있는 사람일지언정 존경받을만한 인물은 아닌것 같습니다.
    당신은 지금 벌거벗고 서울 광화문광장 을 질주하면서 자기의 천재적인 재능을 뽐내는것과 같은 경박한 모습을 보이고 있군요
    좋아요 한 회원 0 좋아요 답변
댓글입력
로그인   회원가입
이전글
I was a North Kor··· 1
다음글
민주화 세력과 진보란 자들에 대해서.,..